Lookee here, I’ve been tagged by Liz. Hmmm, let me see, answers buried in this brain somewhere . . .
Four jobs I have had in my life —
- dog sales, retail, PJs Petstore, Sherway Gardens (heartbreaking, dirty, terrible job, where the manager had a super crush on me and proceeded to make my life hell after seeing my boyfriend pick me up from work one night)
- admin, arts, Ontario Ballet Theatre/Ontario School of Ballet (and you think poets are divas . . . there’s nothing quite like a dancer in the morning)
- admin, tech, Interactive Media Group (absolutely insane position on a team of two where we basically provided all admin support from event planning and ordering supplies right down to sending everybody’s faxes and doing all the wordprocessing for 100+ head office employees of three companies [Phoneworks, Telepersonals, Axon Studios] with offices in most major North American cities and a few abroad handling the switchboard alone was a full-time job. Hundred hour weeks were the norm, with maybe an hour or two of sleep each night, three was a huge luxury, the rest of my time was spent in transit or socialising with co-workers. Is it any wonder everyone’s marriage/relationship fell apart within the first six months of employment here? Cuz everyone was living the same way. I was well-paid though and loved my job at the time)
- waitress, Darlene’s Tea House (suffice it to say, I am probably the worse waitress ever, but when I needed some cash Darlene helped me out. I’m a much better bartender though. The thing about waitressing was I wasn’t allowed to smoke or drink while I was doing it, plus I had to remember tons of stuff OR be organised enough to write it all down in a concise easy-to-follow manner, which lets face it is not a recipe for my success. Also I had to pretend I liked the public, which can only be faked while drunk)
Four movies I could watch over and over —
This is super hard! So many movies . . . only four . . . there are hundreds of them I could (will/have) watch(ed) over and over. Of course you already know I love Platoon, Fight Club, Vanilla Sky, Lost in Translation etc. so maybe I’ll go another route . . .
- The Wedding Singer, Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore, the 80’s complete with a Billy Idol cameo, c’mon, what’s not to love?
- Intermission, Cillian Murphy, Colm Meaney & Colin Farrell, 54 characters and 11 storylines, dark, edgy, and freaking hilarious.
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Johnny Depp & Benicio Del Toro, Hunter S. Thompson, the critics gave this one a hard time but I nearly pee my pants every time I watch it, they did a good job . . . and of course I’ve got the Criterion Collection edition with all those great extras like rare Hunter radio interviews and tv documentaries.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet, completely off the wall and wacky, yet serious, scenes all out of order, c’mon, of course I love this movie.
Four Places I would love to visit —
- New York
Four Places I have lived —
- Barnettville, NB
- Toronto, ON
- Moncton, NB
- Sackville, NB
Four TV shows I love(d) to watch —
Lets go with “loved to watch” like when I was a kid, though I’m not opposed to getting sucked into a few episodes now
- Laverne & Shirley (I wanted to be Laverne)
- Happy Days (I wanted to date Fonzie)
- All in the Family (Archie Bunker cracked me up)
- WKRP in Cinncinnati (Dr. Johhny Fever was the original cool dude)
Four websites I visit daily —
Four places I have been on Vacation —
I haven’t taken many “vacations” in my life . . . I’m more of a road trip kinda gal
- Toronto (sightseeing & shopping when I was 16, recent jon bon excursion)
- Collingwood (a ski trip to Blue Mountain . . . that’s Collingwood right? So long ago and so traumatic I’ve almost completely blocked it out)
- Alma (seedy motels abound)
- PEI (a tenting disaster, back in the ferry days the boys held me over the edge about mid-way out there, fun, wow!)
Four things on the floor/ trunk of your car —
No trunk. No car. But I’ve got a floor littered with . . .
- hundreds of manilla envelopes
- an unopened Duracell battery charger
- two unopened white extension cords
- my old brown leather wallet Emerson made me, empty
Four friends tagged —
- Trish of course
- Jenn should be able to get her 10 minutes out of this
- I think Andrea did this one already
- Am I allowed to triple tag Joe?
Mood: list tired
Drinking: coffee still
Listening To: Time of Your Life (‘Til You’re Dead), Matt Mays & El Torpedo